Published on December 23rd, 2008 | by Zachary Shahan48
Seed Bombs: Walk-By Guerrilla Gardening
File this under genius! Carbon Copy has an easy recipe for making seed bombs. Carry these little home-made pellets around and toss them into places that could use a little bit of plant life. Here’s how you do it!
- Combine 2 parts mixed seeds (Maybe ones from a local solstice seed swap?) with 3 parts compost. (I bet that organic potting soil would work, as well.)
- Stir in 5 parts powdered red or brown clay.
- Moisten with water until mixture is damp enough to mold into balls.
- Pinch off a penny-sized piece of the clay mixture and roll it between the palms of your hands until it forms a tight ball (1 inch in diameter).
- Set the balls on newspaper and allow to dry for 24 – 48 hours. Store in a cool, dry place until ready to sow.
Toss them at will! Please be respectful over other folks’ property, though. It’s a lot tougher to talk to people about green space and guerrilla gardening when they’re angry.Keep up to date with all the hottest urban planning news by subscribing to our (free) newsletter.