Published on December 23rd, 2008 | by Zachary Shahan48
Seed Bombs: Walk-By Guerrilla Gardening
File this under genius! Carbon Copy has an easy recipe for making seed bombs. Carry these little home-made pellets around and toss them into places that could use a little bit of plant life. Here’s how you do it!
- Combine 2 parts mixed seeds (Maybe ones from a local solstice seed swap?) with 3 parts compost. (I bet that organic potting soil would work, as well.)
- Stir in 5 parts powdered red or brown clay.
- Moisten with water until mixture is damp enough to mold into balls.
- Pinch off a penny-sized piece of the clay mixture and roll it between the palms of your hands until it forms a tight ball (1 inch in diameter).
- Set the balls on newspaper and allow to dry for 24 – 48 hours. Store in a cool, dry place until ready to sow.
Keep up to date with all the hottest urban planning news by subscribing to our (free) newsletter.